First Day Wordle

Yesterday was our students' first day of class.  I'm very excited about what I saw so far.  The students were very respectful and I think I'm going to have a great year!

I usually start the year with a survey for the students to fill out about themselves.  The first question asks the students to fill in the blank with one word.  Algebra is __________.  Then I take the words from all classes and create a Wordle.  This is the result:



My plan to to give the same fill-in-the-blank later in the year to see the change.  I'm hoping that "Boring" will get smaller.  It would be great if it disappeared all together.  


Here are the questions that I give to my students.  Feel free to steal this if you like.







As far as question #2 goes.  Here are the results of that:

This bar graph was create at Create A Graph




The one year almost all of the boys wrote that "The Maze Runner" was the favorite book.  I had to go out and buy that book right away.

There is one thing that happened this year that never happened before.  One of the students asked me what my answers were to these questions.  I was flattered.  Never did a student show interest in how I would respond.  See?  I told you it was going to be a great year.

Comments